Every business is different and deserves tailored insurance to protect against unique dangers and lawsuits. Since 1981, The Bob Putnam Agency has been dedicated to connecting business owners with reliable business insurance for the right price. Running a business is an expensive venture and insurance is supposed to save you money, not cost you a fortune. We provide affordable and comprehensive business insurance policies for business owners across industries.
Business Coverages We Offer
We provide a variety of coverages for businesses, including:
General liability insurance protects your business against claims regarding bodily injury, property damage and personal and advertising injury. This insurance can provide the victim with medical expense compensation or payment for damaged property. For example, if someone falls down the front steps of your restaurant, general liability insurance can help with their medical expenses and protect the business against a lawsuit should the victim decide to sue. Personal and advertising injury covers claims regrading libel, slander, false arrest, malicious prosecution and wrongful eviction.
Commercial Auto Insurance
- Comprehensive Coverage: Comprehensive coverage provides compensation for loss of or damage to the vehicle caused by fire, wind, hail, lightning, smoke, theft, vandalism and more.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage provides compensation for loss of or damage to the vehicle due to collision with another vehicle or object.
- Liability: Liability insurance covers bodily injuries and property damage the driver may cause while operating the insured vehicle.
- Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection covers the medical expenses of the driver and their passengers after an accident.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: This insurance covers expenses related to an accident involving another driver who is not carrying insurance.
- There are also additional coverages available such as inland marine insurance, which covers equipment and products while they are in transit.
Workers compensation must be carried by every employer in New York regardless of injury. This insurance covers employees and provides compensation for workers injured on the job. It helps with medical expenses, replaced wages, disability benefits and, in severe cases, death benefits. Workers compensation also serves to protect the business against lawsuits concerning work injuries.
Additional Business Insurance Coverages
- Builders Risk Insurance
- Farm Insurance
A business owners policy is another type of insurance policy that combines general liability and commercial property insurance into an affordable, flexible policy for small businesses.
Protect Your Business Today
Your hard work deserves an insurance policy geared toward your needs. Connect with an agent at The Bob Putnam Agency by calling or fill out an today.
Common Business Insurance Questions
- What Insurance Do I Need for a Small Business?
- Business insurance needs and requirements vary per industry. In general, most businesses need at least general liability, commercial auto and workers compensation. Ask an insurance agent about the right policy for the risks your industry presents.
How Much Does Business Insurance Cost?
- The average cost of business insurance varies widely depending on the business’ industry, assets, type and limits of coverage, size, claims history and more. On average, a business owners policy (BOP) for a small business may cost around $80 a month.
- When Do You need Business Insurance?
- You should purchase business insurance before ever opening your doors to clients. Insurance should be set in place so that you are covered by the time you’re ready to operate.
- What Insurance Do I need for My LLC?
LLCs are unique business structures and thus don’t always require the same insurance as other businesses. Liability insurance is still critical for LLCs, however, and any LLC with employees should carry workers compensation insurance.